31 Dec 2012

Year End Post:The summits and trenches of 2012 :-)

So the world didn't end on December 21, 2012 and here I am writing out my 'Year End Post' as usual! Every year I look forward to this time of the year when I get to do a quick flash-back on the year that was and relive the smiles and tears all over again in fast-forward mode. And usually, my regular 'Year End post' would be ready as soon as the last week of December set in. But this time around, the last two weeks of the year has been one of extreme sadness and mental turmoil. And I hope in earnest that such a year-end be a lifetime last. I hate to end things on a sad note. Some things are not under our discretion, though. All that can be done is to just hope for the best.
It would, however, be unfair if I said that the past year has just been sorrowful through and through. I did have my 'moments' too. Without any further ado, let's have a quick run-down,yeah?
Up in the clouds :)
  1. Visited Varanasi after 30 years! It was an experience that deserves a blog entry dedicated to it. Loved every moment! :)
  2. Shed a few pesky kilos that were just refusing to go away from me :)
  3. Gave my first major presentation at work and got well-appreciated :)
  4. Fell in love with Munnar all over again! :)
  5. Got my very first anarkali salwar :P Was staying away from it for so long but a designer one was hard to resist :)
  6. Got my very own personal camera for the first time! Yayy! :)
  7. People I'd given up for lost came back into my life and many old friendships were rekindled :)
  8. Had two major wardrobe additions - pencil heels and peep-toes! Woohoo! :)
  9. Decided to start doing something creative...umm....well...at least I've decided to do it! :P :)
  10. Blogging and some more blogging and a whole lot of appreciation! :)
Down in the dumps :(
  1. Delhi rape case. Enough said. :(
  2. Many old friends faded into the background of life in spite of my best efforts to keep them in view :(
  3. The monsoons were a damp squib this time around :(
  4. Lost a pet cat :(
  5. The iPad never happened to me this year either :(
  6. Missed the Doha International Book Fair this time too :(
  7. Missed so many weddings of cousins and friends :(
  8. Realized that I'm NEVER going to get that 'OM' tattoo done :(
  9. The saga of being continually misunderstood continues :(
  10. Some old wounds were cruelly reopened by insensitive individuals :(
Phew! That was tough. It's only when I started listing it out that I realized that I've had more prominent lows than highs last year. :( The list of 'highs' were actually more difficult to populate than the 'lows'. But then, I'm a firm believer in karma and in destiny. Whatever happened to me was for my good, whatever is happening to me is also for my good, and whatever is going to happen to me is for my good as well. Jeez! I almost forgot!! How could I be so rude? I'm running out of basic manners! :D Okay...I just want to thank all of my dear readers who painstakingly read through my blog posts and care enough to comment on them and send me notes of appreciation and criticism as well. My blog would not have been what it is today if it were not for all of you. Each one of my readers is special to me and it is your consistent encouragement that eggs me to go on and on. I do admit that I may have been politically incorrect in some of my blog-posts or even a tad biased towards my own point of view. But honestly...I have never meant to offend any sentiments nor hurt anybody. If have done so inadvertently, please do understand that it was truly unintentional and I am sorry too.

So that's that! I am stepping into the new year with renewed hope and dreams of a better tomorrow. Here's hoping that the coming year brings in a lot of happiness to my home and yours. May the Almighty bless your lives with every possible blessing. And may you have the power to spread the happiness and positive energy to everyone around you! :)

Wishing everybody a really Happy New Year!

Cheers and God Bless! :)

1 comment: