30 Dec 2010

Year End Post:The summits and trenches of 2010 :-)

Hello all! Hope the esteemed intelligentsia of Blogosphere are having a fine day (and hope you'll make the most of what's left of it)! J
So…we're like at the fag end of 2010. 2010 is all weary and tired and almost done with its packing to leave…leaving us with memories of the days past, of things we learnt to do (and not to do...K), of the happy and sad (and Kodak™) moments we had. J  The whole world is in a feisty mood. Party preparations and invites and greetings are being sent out. Hearts and minds are filled with hope and aspirations for the coming year.  And I am no exception in this matter.
When I look back at the year that has passed, what I see is a potpourri. Like everyone else, I have had my own fair share of highs and lows. So, this post possibly being the last post of 2010 from me, I decided to have a re-run through 2010 and find out 10 things what I really liked about it J and what I didn't L.
Up in the Clouds!
1.   Got back to the blogging scene after a rather indecent hiatus. Like my little friend back home in India added in his New Year's wish, I hope in earnest that my 'den' doesn't 'accumulate moss any more' J
2.   Saw my University buddies in Chennai after a whopping 7 years! And we had a wonderful time together reliving all those lovely memories. Thank you guys for making it happen! Love you to bits! J
3.   Shed a few kilos:-D (yayyy!) though I had to (quite unwillingly) stay away from savouries and sweetmeats for a while. It was tough, no doubt…but definitely worth the effort J
4.   Got a new office and a whole lot of new responsibilities. Feeling suddenly all-important, y' know! J
5.   Saw 'Eclipse' online on Day 4 after its official premiere…a feat in itself as it had not come out in the theatres here in Doha. And by the time everybody had started ranting (panting, rather :-P) about the Cullen-Swan-Black saga, I was already done with my share of it. J
6.   Enjoyed the monsoons in India…and even managed to get drenched once J
7.   Visited Tirupati after like what? 19 years??? Got almost mauled by the crowd and emerged with quite a few black 'n' blue spots but the fraction of a second that we got darshan was just beautiful J
8.   Didn't break a single fingernail all year long! J
9.   After all the years of getting insulted at shoe shops for having feet like Big Foot, I got at least 7 to 8 pairs of snazzy footwear from Bangalore and elsewhere. J 'Boo' (sticks out tongue) to the stupid shops who said I have feet that are too big for my own good! Humph!
10. My New Year greetings were a huge hit and people made it a point to reply to my email and tell me that the idea was wonderful! Thank you, all! Y'all were worth it! Mwaah! xoxo J
Down in the Dumps!
1.   Way too many deaths…in the family and out of it. And each time it caused an emotional upheaval of sorts. Didn't like it. Period. L
2.   Couldn't make the High School Reunion thing happen. Had high hopes for it. But nuffink happened L
3.   Realised that buying an Apple I-Phone™ is just not for me. I might as well look around for some Nokia™ model L
4.   Also realised that a Sony™ Vaio® is precisely NOT the laptop that I will be buying for myself L
5.   Lost a kitten L She was snatched away from us by a $%^&^%%^%^&*&%^%$% male cat that lives nearby. He mercilessly killed it in a fight! Bloody *&*^%%$%&*^&^$%$#^%$!!! L
6.   Couldn't attend a training program that I so badly wanted to L
7.   Realised that no matter how hard I try, I'm never going to be able to weigh the same as I did during my University days L
8.   Learnt several lessons (in a rather hard way) that I should step-up my practice of the simple skill of 'SHUT UP', and when and where to use it L
9.   Got told off many a time for 'not behaving your age' L
10. Couldn't see Mohanlal in person. L He was supposed to come to a family wedding of mine that I was very much a part of. But he didn't turn up. L Darn!
So here's looking forward to the New Year with renewed hope and a whole lot of dreamsJ. Like the lyrics of the Tamil song goes 'if you see a hundred dreams, won't at least six of them come true?' J So, here's wishing all my dear friends and fellow bloggers a very happy New Year's Eve, a happening 'Stroke of Midnight', a fabulous New Year's Day and an absolutely wonderful year ahead! May the year 2011 be way better than any year you've had so far! J
Happiness always!
Take care, stay safe and God bless!
See y'all next year!
Ciao! xoxoxo J

2 comments:

  1. 5 feet 4 inch 143 Pounds isn't that 'little' :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Whoever-you-are....143 pounds???Where did u get that from??? o_O

    ReplyDelete